LeoNardo "Leo" De La Garza
Attorney At Law
I was born in the small Texas border town of Rio Grande City and am the first in my family to attend college. I graduated from The University of Texas at Austin and earned my law degree from Texas Tech University School of Law. While in law school, I served as a law clerk for the immigration firm Whittenburg, Strange & Walker, P.C., and as a judicial intern for the Honorable Judge Micaela Alvarez of the Southern District of Texas. In 2015, I was named a “Who’s Who Among American College and University Students Award” recipient.
Now, residing in Austin, TX, I regularly participate in community service events such as citizenship drives and informational sessions. I am bilingual in Spanish and English and a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). In my free time, I enjoy relaxing with my wife and 5-year old Border Collie, Al. I also actively train in boxing, wrestling, jiu-jitsu, and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).
- Juris Doctor, Texas Tech University School of Law, 2015
- Bachelor of Arts in Plan II Honors Program, The University of Texas at Austin, 2012
- Bachelor of Arts in History, The University of Texas at Austin, 2012
- State Bar of Texas
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Bilingual in Spanish and English